Dr. J. David Tàbara
Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (IEST)
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
08193 Cerdanyola del Vallès, Barcelona
Dr. J. David Tàbara is an active member of the Global Climate Forum and Associate Senior Researcher at the Institute of Environmental Science and Technology of the Autonomous University of Barcelona. He has 25 years’ experience of EU international research on Sustainable Development and Integrated Assessment of climate strategies. He has published extensively on socio-environmental knowledge integration methods (over 100 publications), with particular attention to questions of public perception, social learning, communication and public participation for sustainability. He contributed to the first book on Public Participation in Sustainability Science (Cambridge University Press 2003) and within GCF he acted as executive Coordinator of the EU project Global Systems Dynamics and Policy which led to the development of the first EU Orientation Paper on Global Systems Science (www.gsdp.eu/workshops).
His recent research focuses on the assessment of win-win and transformative solutions to support sustainable climate action (GREEN-WIN project: www.green-win-project.eu), the development of a novel science-policy approach called Transformative Climate Science (TSC) and the emergence of Positive Tipping Points in conditions of high-end climate change (IMPRESSIONS project (www.impressions-project.eu; www.highendsolutions.eu/) and in intensive coal and carbon regions at the TIPPING+ project where he acts as Coordinator at the GCF.
Latest publications include:
- Tàbara JD et al, 2018. ‘Defining Transformative Climate Science in the context of high-end climate change’. Regional Environmental Change. https://doi:10.1007/s10113-018-1288-8,
- Tàbara JD et al ‘Positive tipping points in a rapidly warming world’. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2018.01.012,
- Tàbara, JD et al. 2019. Micro-solutions to global problems. Understanding social processes to eradicate energy poverty and build climate resilient livelihoods. Climatic Change, 1-15 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-019-02448-z.
- Hestad, Tàbara and Thornton 2021. The three logics of Sustainability-Oriented Hybrid Organisations. Sustainability Science16:647-661. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11625-020-00883-x2
- Hinkel, Mangalagiu, Bisaro, Tàbara 2020. Transformative narratives for climate action.Climatic Change. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-020-02761-y3.
- Tàbara, Sustainable Climate Development: transforming goals into means. In Hölscher, K. & Frantzeskaki, N.(eds.). 2020. Transformative Climate Governance. Palgrave Macmillan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-49040-9_12
See full CV: CV & Publications -J David Tàbara – 2021